We are, on behalf of one of our customers in Greece, looking for a Global Support Engineer. Please refer to ref.number 580005 in the subject field if you send your application through e-mail.
Start is still under discussion but mentioned date is indicative. This assignment is long-term.
Our client are among the leaders of professional video processing solutions, and has long experience in compression algorithms development.
In this role you will investigate, diagnose and provide technical solutions to Incidents reported by customers or organizations Digital Broadcast (TV) systems. The position includes investigation of complex technical problems, trouble-shooting of systems that are in operation and, if requested, participation in the remedy of critical systems situations.
The role will be located in Athens (Greece) and you will support a global customer base and there will be some travelling, often on short notice.
- Assigned Incidents, using support tools.
- Gather data and information about any specific problem that has been reported, through contact with external customers and internal support functions.
- Analyse problems and identify suitable solutions.
- Customer visits to resolve complex faults, after other interventions have failed.
- Provide basic product and system training to internal and external customers.
- Report on faults and failures and recommended improvements to developers and production functions
For this Role you need to have education to a degree level in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or a related discipline OR have at least 3 years technical experience in a related industry.
- European driving Licence
- Have the ability and willingness to travel in the local country and overseas, often at short notice.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of MPEG, OTT and DVB systems
- Technical knowledge/experience covering Networks and Communications using IP Ethernet, routers, an understanding of Broadcast and IP protocols including use of associated analysis tools, Windows Server, Linux OS and virtual machine environments.
- Prior technical customer service experience preferable.
It is important that the person we are looking for:
- Shares expertise and knowledge with others; Uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Communicates well
- Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems
- Rapidly learns new tasks and quickly commits information to memory
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Adapts to changing circumstances; Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff
Om detta låter intressant, skicka ditt CV (i MS Word-format) och några rader om hur du uppfyller kraven och kan bidra till denna position så fort som möjligt, men inte senare än 2019-03-29.
+1 415 902 9462