We are, on behalf of our customer Astra Zeneca in Gothenburg looking for a Research Scientist. Please state ref. 750091 if you respond to this request.
AZ is currently looking for a Research Scientist in the Sample Management department within the global Discovery Sciences organization. This position will provide the opportunity
to work in a dynamic and enthusiastic environment whilst supplying a critical service to drug discovery projects. The work is highly collaborative with the team having a collective responsibility for the overall delivery.
The role is focused on supporting drug discovery projects within R&D Gothenburg by providing compounds in the requested format (assay ready plates, serially diluted motherplates,
formulations and solids) and/or maintaining a high quality handling of HBS and support of projects with requested samples.
As a Sample Management Research Scientist you will be expected to:
- Work as part of the team rotating between the following typical tasks
- Processing of liquid samples on automated systems
- Processing of solid samples
- Manage customer orders using specialized informatics systems as well as databases
- Responding to customer queries via mail or telephone
- Partner with SM groups globally as well as internal and external customers
- Receive and register incoming HBS
- Process requests for HBS to customers
- Act upon day-to-day issues that occur whilst processing samples to ensure continuous improvement
The group has a strong emphasis on continuous improvement which takes the form of individual and group projects within the team, the department and across Sample Management groups within AZ.
- Degree in Chemistry or a Bioscience discipline or alternatively a logistics background and previous experience in an instrument orientated laboratory.
- Previous knowledge and experience (>1 year) of sample management in a current setting is a clear advantage.
- Experience of working with various IT solutions, including extensive knowledge of Excel, LIMS systems and database usage, is also an advantage.
- Ability to plan, perform and evaluate experiments to investigate improvement possibilities in a process
- Experience with acoustic droplet ejection and low volume liquid handling technologies and their application to drug discovery
- Experience in operating integrated laboratory automation equipment
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
- Interest in logistics and developing processes through customer interactions and technology awareness
- Drive and enthusiasm to solve the root cause of problems and not only overcome the presenting problem
- Thrive on working in a committed team and gain satisfaction from the overall performance of the group