We are looking for a Resident Engineer within Ultrasonic Sensors with placement at VCC.
Start is ASAP and a long-term assignment.
Please state Ref: 700225 when replying for this assignment.
Competence of Resident engineer for PMA system:
- Technical support service at Volvo for Park Maneuvering Assistant systems in Göteborg, Sweden.
- Project management support for technical issues.
- Support/Coordinate the change request process
- Define, evaluate and calibrate mounting positions for ultrasonic sensors in vehicles. Determine and prepare test set-ups and perform testing on vehicle level.
- Contribute to software- and system trial.
- Failure analysis and problem solving on system & vehicle level.
- Analyses of field claims and special cases concerning customer complaints and quality improving measures.
- Update programming (reflashing) of active and passive safety systems.
- Sociable and effective communicator, able to build up a personal network within Volvo. Flexible, ability to work under time pressure, independent, initiative.
- Taking own initiatives constantly searching for new tasks to process.
- Enough knowledge about the Volvo Systems and Processes to be able to work in them and with them.
- Advantage if having experience with US sensor technology, software, electronic control units, vehicle structure.
- Basic knowledge of Canoe, Canalyzer, CAN/Flexray communication
- Experience with system-application.
- English fluent in speaking and writing.
- Tasks are mainly located in Göteborg, Sweden, with regular business trips to Hungary and Germany.
- Minimum of ~3 years experience at Volvo Cars
- Experienced in ECU and sensor electronics.
- Experienced with CAN/Flexray/LIN and related development tools
- Experienced with diagnostics and diagnostic tools