Client has need to ensures that the future vision of the DW stays “evergreen” and that functional amendments are consistent with that future state. Should be able to get in front of the customers, translate their business problems into practical solutions. Should also help out with strategic services like business case, data governance and organisational issues.
The position will partner with key roles (e.g. project managers, business analysts, etc.) to secure well-defined solutions that are aligned to the IT Strategy and leverage common solutions and services, to meet key project goals. Bridge the understanding between the business needs and the technical design.
This assignement will enclose a Communication & Change Management role to keep business users and stakeholders abreast of DW strategy, direction and activities. Support by identifying and mitigating organizational issues that could prevent barriers to adoption of DW functionality. It will also assist business analysts and end users across all functional areas in identifying long-term, strategic data needs for the enterprise.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the business demands for the Data Warehouse and translate it to non-functional requirements. Explain the requirements from a business perspective and when needed the consequences if they are not fulfilled.
- Follow-up the progress of NFR and validate the solution according to the business demands
- Lead the data warehouse towards an Enterprise Data Model
- Play a key role in ensuring that quality meta data is available, understood and used
- Support the enhancement of the process for involving the BU, collect and describe user request and the connection to the development
- Support training efforts and participating in them as appropriate
- Regularly produce and deliver metrics regarding the benefits delivered and costs associated with the DW effort
- Support in communication activities
- Support the business with dimension modeling
- Support the strategic direction for the data warehouse environment
- Support in the setup of the Data Warehouse if/when needed
- 5-10 years experience in below competencies or equivalent
- Data warehousing and reporting/analysis skills. Deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices. Deep knowledge about both classical and modern Data Warehouse concepts.
- In-depth experience with at least one leading BI tool, preferable Power BI.
- Dimension model skills with the ability to design multidimensional models like STAR schema and Snowflake schema
- Information & Data Model skills
- ETL skills
- Good knowledge about Agile Methodology
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Role-based User Security knowledge
- Test knowledge
- Flexible and pragmatic mindset. Focus on long term vision but work with what can be done here and now.
- Proactive and delivery focused
- Flexible and adaptable to the Scania Way of Working (DW should support Scania not the other way around)
- Team player - excellent cooperation skills with the ability to work with other reporting and data warehousing professionals such as Business Analysts, Data Architects, ETL Designers/Developers, Reporting Architects & Developers and Test Lead/Tester.
- Automotive Domain knowledge
- Swedish speaking is desirable
Om detta låter intressant, skicka ditt CV (i MS Word-format) och några rader om hur du uppfyller kraven och kan bidra till denna position så fort som möjligt, men inte senare än 2019-03-31.
+46 762 13 50 53