We are looking for a candidate for the position as Linux system specialist.
We have one employee going on parental leave. During this period we need a resource handling operations and future improvements together with our team. Main responsibilities is day to day operations of our in-house built Provisioning system. The system is running on Ubuntu and we are moving towards containers and the Cloud.
Keywords: Linux, scripting, automatisation, Ansibel, Containers, Dockers, Cloud, Openshift, Python.
The profile we are looking for:
You know your way around Linux systems, preferably you are comfortable with Ubuntu/Debian and its derivatives. You have a broad and deep understanding of the stack from the OS to applications. You also understand the impact of full-scale automation through scripting and configuration management tools such as Ansible/Fabric. You will be involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing most of the Openstack and Vmware. You believe that the world would be a better place if everything had APIs and could be managed through a cli.
You will work with maintaining servers and services for teams where the level of technical knowledge varies. You are expected to translate and communicate security, configuration, and architectural - problems, issues, or ideas to interested stakeholders. Some of these issues you will help resolve, other issues will be solved by other parties, partially based on your input. You will get to pick and choose a lot of the technology used, as long as it can be properly motivated and documented. This is a place where trying new things is encouraged.
Good to know. You will work closely with a team of Linux Specialists (5ppl). Work does not include hands-on work with hardware in data centers. Assignment covers OS and up.
100% on-site at Customer premises. Selection will be held on going.
With possibility for further extensions.
- Several Years experience of task above
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable with:
- Linux systems administration
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar)
- Source Control (git, svn or similar)
- Automating tasks and processes (Bash, Python)
- Troubleshooting various application stacks
- The role/need of security in operations
- Service Oriented with ability to bridge the gap between technical teams and stakeholders
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Fluent in Swedish, both verbally and in writing
- Extra points for the following:
- Openstack, Vmware
- OP5, Graphite, Grafana, Prometeus
- Configuring and Managing broad application stacks
- Running Operations teams with an Agile mindset
- Jboss, Apache, Tomcat application server
+46 733 94 12 11