Purpose of role:
Provide guidance and implement improvements in the architecture and code base for the big data platform, in particular with regards with non-functional requirements.
You will be part of the team working with XXs Advanced Analytics platform, dealing with software engineering tasks. HAAL delivers the data, platform and tools used by XX-groups different Advanced Analytics teams. The team work in a truly agile way, so priorities will be set with the team on a sprint or daily basis.
Your work tasks will include
- Review, document and improve software architecture patterns and development processes
- Review and improve existing functionality in the big data code base
- Architect and implement data structures and big data workflows Lead a team of data engineers by setting software development standards, providing guidance
- Coordination with other teams to design optimal patterns for data ingest and egress
- Pro-actively and continuously learn new technologies, assessing their maturity and fit to our roadmap
- Design and build solutions to track data quality, stabilize data pipeline, etc. to ensure reliable operations
- Align with Infra & DevOps team regarding new releases and upgrading of cloud-based data platform
- Ensure best practices are followed across architecture, codebase and configuration
- You are a team player, solution-driven and open-minded, with a passion for continuous improvement and automation
- Experience building complex software solutions in the cloud
- Solid track record in software engineering
- Proficiency in at least Python, bash and SQL, and experience in distributed systems
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
- Experience with version control workflows with Git and an advocate of Continuous Integration
- Experience with designing and architecting cloud-based data solutions (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- You are comfortable managing releases to a production environment
- Solid software architecture skills, keen to leverage patterns to write code which is resilient, scalable, and maintainable
- See yourself as a technical leader, who can define and communicate best practices, and who does not shy away from providing guidance and constructive feedback
- For this assignment, we are at first hand looking for consultants permanently based in Stockholm.
- We are primarily looking for freelancers or employeed consultants, subcontractors/subconsultants are not of interest.
+46 709 401671